We are in search of an Accountant for a local non-profit in the Anne Arundel county Maryland. In this role you will handle all financial activities for a non-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation with approximately 2.5 million in revenue.
This is a full time role that will include a benefits package along with vacation and a 401K.
Major duties include daily closing and reconciliation of sales activity, bank deposits, accounts receivable collection, accounts payable, payroll, preparation of financial statements and annual budgets. Coordinating and providing all support for annual audit and required tax filings. Candidate will also be responsible for the HR function which includes tracking time off, 401K activity and health benefits.
Additional duties to include, but not limited to:
- Online banking and Bill Pay.
- Preparing all monthly entries and monthly closes including all required reconciliations, accruals, deferrals and adjusting entries and allocations
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Directing annual budget process.
- Reviewing P/L activity by Class and correcting unclassified transactions.
- Quick Books journal entries as needed
- Preparing Bi-weekly payroll.
- Annual audit coordination with outside public accounting firm.
- Managing Quick Books items and reports
- Preparing Excel spreadsheets to analyze data as needed
- BS degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel
- Prior experience with a non-profit extremely helpful