The Cloud Administrator will provide support our AWS cloud based infrastructure throughout an internal migration project.
The Admin will be an extension of the current IT team and will provide the following support:
- Manage and maintain Windows servers, operating systems, network configurations, and software applications in a completely cloud environment.
- Manage, Implement and Troubleshoot Cloud infrastructure utilizing server and serverless cloud services
- Support Engineering Teams, utilizing DevOps model, as IT resource for teams
- Define, test, and implement code deployments throughout Agile process
- Administer and monitor system availability and performance tools
- Work to meet or exceed service level targets at all times
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Deploy upgrades and new systems with a high reliability approach
- Update and create knowledge base articles, run books, and troubleshooting guides
- Track and document processes activates through the ZenDesk ticket system
- 5+ years of progressively responsible, hands-on operations experience utilizing Amazon Web Services Cloud infrastructure and cloud services.
- Technical experience required:
- Strong Windows Server experience
- Strong Hands-on experience supporting EC2, S3, IAM, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch. AWS DB services, Lambda, VPCs, ELBs, CloudFront, EMR, Reddis, SQS, and SNS, and CloudFormation, and AMI creation.
- Basic SQL Server administration and management capability
- Extensive experience with IIS, Active Directory, Windows networking administration, and knowledge of web technologies
- Powershell and other scripting technologies
- Extensive Cloud infrastructure troubleshooting
- Technical experience – desirable:
- Amazon architecture design
- Support for customer facing services including API, SaaS, and DaaS support
- Experience using network layer security systems such as IPS/IDS, firewalls, web content filters, and web application filters
- Experience with best practices in server hardening and network security
- IT certifications (AWS, Microsoft, and/or Cloud+)
- Ability to interact with teams in a professional, articulate manner
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Experience with .Net applications a plus
- Jira and other Atlassian product experience a plus
- BuildMaster or other deployment packaging and automation tools a plus