The Desktop Support technician will be responsible for supporting both government and civilian employees at the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission in Rockville, MD.
- Answer questions, perform installs, and/or perform troubleshooting of CITS and proprietary software
- Use Remedy for all work performed, such as ticket capture, gaining and recording source content/details from client/end-user, ticket and CMDB updates.
- Apply diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and perform approved corrective measures and documents those within Remedy, prior to escalation to next level of support or ticket closure.
- Support and troubleshoot network and application errors, authentication, and\or access issues. Provides telephonic and\or desk side support for printers, PC hardware, and network connected devices
3+ years of experience in the desktop support field are required. CompTIA A+, Security+ certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 required. Experience with MAC OS is a plus.
- Familiarity with capturing and applying hard drive images and migrations
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic end-user hardware network connectivity issues from end-user hardware to the network switch
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Applicant should be available to work any shift from 6a to 9p, M-F
- Applicant must be willing to perform any job-related task as directed by their manager or management