Our client is looking for an IT Support Specialist. The IT Support Specialist will provide assistance to the organization's computer users through phone, email, or in-person visits. ... Train users to work with new computer hardware or software, such as printers, word-processing software, and email. Assist users in installing software.
- Works as a technology support advocate for all internal staff; provides Tier I support to end users on a variety of issues related to desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Must be able to configure, install and troubleshoot standard software applications on desktop and laptop computers.
- Interacts with other IT support staff to resolve complex computer and networking issues in a timely manner.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure timely resolution using trouble ticket management systems.
- Takes initiative in maintaining in-depth experience with application software installation and use.
- Remains knowledgeable of, and experienced with using operating systems on workstations and servers.
- Familiar with local and wide area network concepts, wiring schemes, LAN/WAN connectivity, and data communications protocols.
- Remains competent, and has a thorough understanding of PC hardware components and supported software, including messaging clients, web browsers and Internet, anti-virus software, office productivity applications, and time entry systems.
- Basic troubleshooting of fax machines and copiers.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a 50-100 staff LAN/WAN environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Active Directory and Windows 7/10 operating systems
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (2013/2016) of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Detailed knowledge of current leading edge personal computers, printers, and networking and communications interfaces and relationships.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), planning, organization, and administrative skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and stressful situations
- Ability to handle and balance multiple critical tasks at the same time
- Ability to grasp fundamentals quickly and instruct others in their use. Competent to work on complex computer and local and wide area networking problems independently.
- Superior customer service skills
- Self-starter, with a desire to learn and grow as IT professional
- Positive attitude; detail oriented and self-motivated
- Team player; adaptable to changing priorities
- CompTIA A+ certification