NOC Technicians serve as a direct point of contact for customer, service provider and internal staff interaction and is responsible for supporting US NRC 24x7x365 Network Operations Center. Provide support for network connectivity issues, as well as working as a liaison for carriers and other information technology (IT) technicians at the NRC.
- Receive and resolve Level 1 IT requests via phone, e-mail and internal Remedy ticket system; escalate alerts to appropriate personnel, reboot servers and network devices utilizing multiple data sources and tools in the diagnosis and assessment of system degradation which include Citrix, Active Directory, Remedy, What: MS Office 2010, Lync, MS Exchange Management Console, Active Directory, Internet Explorer, Citrix, Remedy 7.6, What’s Up Gold.
- Handle calls in the System Operations Center queue, monitor event kiosk and respond to client service requests.
- Provide Tier I and some Tier II level support to resolve problems on internal and customer systems and escalate problems to Tier II/III engineers as per NRC Standard Operating Procedures.
- Escalate and communicate customer issues and network related alerts to Level 2 NOC staff, management and administration as defined by policies and escalation procedures.
- Interface between customers/engineers, vendors/providers leveraging Remedy while managing network operations using various network management tools, should possess a solid knowledge of network concepts, protocols, and transport technologies.
- Monitor servers, operating systems, network configurations, software applications, and hardware.
- Administer and monitor system availability and performance tools.
- As a team member, work to meet or exceed service level targets.
- Evening, overnight, weekend, holiday and on-call work is required. (10:30pm – 7:00am or 11:00pm – 7:30am)
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communications competencies, including customer service skills with the excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task efficiently, work independently and/or as a part of a team
- with an capability to be proactive and resourceful in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans, assisting other departments as required.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned, participates in special projects as assigned, able to lift fifty pounds of equipment as needed.
- Cisco Certification preferred
2-3 years pertinent experience