A senior financial analyst is responsible for creating investment forecasts and generating ideas that will help a company effectively manage its portfolio. The senior financial analyst may direct a team of junior analysts while working as part of a team with other senior managers within the company.
- Lead implementation of UNANET’s “full financials” system to include resource management, budgeting & forecasting, project management, timesheets, expense reports, project accounting, billing and financials with cost pool calculations.
- Become corporate “UNANET champion” and lead resource.
- Define roles and responsibilities, policies and procedures for on-going maintenance and operations of UNANET to ensure accuracy and reliability of data and reporting.
- Provide daily maintenance of UNANET including (projects/contract administration, people/resources, funding, NTE’s, labor categories, assignments etc.
- Set-up new projects, task orders, and resources in UNANET and other accounting systems and process changes.
- Track program financials and identify opportunities to improve cash flow.
- Support the development and maintenance of the program budgets including work authorizations and change requests.
- Prepare and present internal project level financial reporting via dashboards and other reporting capabilities in UNANET including project profitability, “Burn” rate and backlog reporting, variances to actuals, etc.
- Conduct variance analysis and explain root cause to management.
- Work with Program Managers to ensure program forecasts are accurately reflected.
- Support corporate level budgets and forecast updates throughout the year.
- Provide proposal costing and pricing support.
- Assist Contracts and Subcontracts organization in complying with applicable FAR, DFARS, and CAS regulations
- Interface with accounting to ensure program financials are properly stated on income statement and balance sheet.
- Provide surge or backup support for accounting (which could include time administration, A/R invoicing, A/P, cash management, monthly close support etc..).
- Assist on special projects as needed including update Accounting Policies and Procedures manual, DCAA ICE submission, automation of other accounting processes.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong analytical and communications skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Ability to interface and work with various cross functional teams and work effectively with various levels of the organization.
- Experience using and implementing an Accounting system & T&E module for Government Contractors (i.e. Deltek T&E, Deltek Costpoint or GCS, UNANET, SYMPAQ, eFAACT).
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have good verbal skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- MBA in Finance preferred
A minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting is required.
A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Financial Analysis and Financial & Accounting system implementation is required in addition to the Accounting experience.
Experience working for a Federal Government contractor is required.