A Senior Staff Accountants responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
- Manage Full Cycle Accounting Monthly Close
- Manage Accounts Payable invoices, disbursements, and vendor communications.
- Prepare and issue Accounts Receivable invoices to clients and enter cash receipts.
- Manage weekly collections efforts
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll
- Maintain Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules
- Review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage company credit card transactions and reconciliations
- Manage administration of T&E system
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have good verbal skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Work with Assistant Controller on delegating monthly closing duties throughout the accounting staff.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting
A minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting is required.
Experience working for a Federal Government contractor is preferred.