Our client is looking for a Service Technician. The Service Technician will service and support customers during field visits or dispatches. Managing all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Handles all service calls and completes diagnostic repairs and maintenance updates
- Manages spare parts inventory
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of our clients electronic and computerized equipment as well as associated software
- Configures, repairs, maintains, updates and installs our clients equipment on a regular basis
- Serves as point of contact at customer location for any and all service inquiries
- Anticipates and trouble shoots any issues to ensure continual quality for the customer
- Proactively reports trends in repairs and maintenance to supervisor
- Creates and maintains a log of all service repairs, maintenance and updates
- Ensures all repairs and maintenance are completed to customers satisfaction
- Works onsite at the customer facility or at the Transit Authority, and maintains business etiquette standards of our client
- Ensures they maintain a clean work site whether at customer facility or Transit Authority.
- Position may require weekend, overnight, and on-call shifts.
- The Service Technician performs duties in an independent manner with little or no supervision, exercises basic discretion and judgment regarding routine work, and looks for assistance on non-routine events and issues.
- 3+ years experience as a mechanical service technician
- Hands on experience with electronics and computer systems
- Working knowledge in networking and software applications
- Clean driving record that is maintained as such for insurability
- Superior trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of, MS Office including Word and Excel, and ability to learn new programs such as Axapta or customer specific software
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- A.A.S or equivalent