The Strategic Senior Account Manager will serve as the primary contact and ultimate point of accountability with high profile clients. Coming into this role, you will own the relationships with your clients, have responsibility for understanding the brand strategy, the brand logistics and market landscape. You will strategically lead client meetings and be a respected advisor for your clients on their brand positioning and integrated digital marketing plans. You will also manage all financial aspects of your accounts and ultimately responsible for communicating all aspects of the project to the internal teams.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter and someone who’s used to working in an autonomous style. We’re looking for someone with entrepreneurial flair and someone who is able to build strong relationships with our clients as well as all stakeholders - both internal and external. This position will also play a key role in driving the overall strategy for the client’s website and marketing efforts, so you must be able to think strategically about how to meet the client’s overall business objectives from a high level as well as tactical level.
The Strategic Senior Account Manager will manage cross functional teams on a daily basis which may include web project managers, search specialists, media buyers, creative teams, data analysts and other department liaisons.
The Strategic Senior Account Manager will lead client engagements for larger multi-platform digital execution projects. This role requires you to think quickly under pressure, as well as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results.
- Strong client-service orientation
- Proven ability to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
- Ensure long-term relationship
- Attain a very high client satisfaction rating throughout the engagement
- Clearly educate the client about the processes and workflow
- Meet the project criteria outlined in the project scope and execution plans
- Strong business and marketing acumen
- Establishes and owns senior client relationships within accounts
- Increase account size in revenue potential
- Strong negotiation skills
- Assists with identification of needs for core account team members on assigned accounts
- Actively leads or participates in regular update meetings, ongoing communication, etc.
- Actively participate within highly skilled client delivery teams to enhance and deepen client relationships
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions
- Track record of leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities
- Team Player
- Proficient in all MS Office programs
- 5-7+ years of related industry experience, preferably consulting, interactive, agency or direct marketing experience
- College degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of demonstrated track record of developing senior level client relationships – strong client references are preferred
- Strong knowledge or experience in marketing and advertising, with particular emphasis on interactive storytelling, demand gen marketing, strategy, and analytics
- Experience or strong understanding of Marketing Cloud Technology
- Prior experience of working as an account Manager within a digital agency environment
- Confident working across a range of digital projects across digital strategy, web, mobile, digital advertising and social
- Experience managing large clients singlehandedly
- Experience with pitch scenarios and being able to lead larger strategic meetings with executives