The Systems Engineer will define detailed system requirements including functionality and software architecture. This person works with internal/external customers to determine requirements and create designs to support Automated Fare Collection systems. This requires problem solving and critical thinking skills for technical requirements development, system interconnect/interface design coordination with subsystems, and development of cost estimates.
- Coordinate system requirements tasks to include product design, integration, and testing considerations
- Develop and complete actions in system specifications including technical requirements, product requirements, test considerations, operational concerns, and system constraints
- Create high level design documentation for proposed systems, including, but not limited to: system overview, back office, on-board vehicle systems, communications, passenger information, and reporting/business intelligence
- Create and maintain system requirements technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution
- Data / data flow analysis
- Requirements development and analysis
- Interaction with customers and third party vendors
- Prepare decision-making documentation (i.e. business case) for potential new product development approaches.
- Communicate information on product updates and upgrades to internal and external customer groups.
- Min 5 years of commercial software engineering experience
- SQL Server and/or ORACLE database experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows OS, Server 2008 and Internet Information Services
- Proficiency with networking concepts and computer hardware
- Experience creating high level design documentation for proposed systems, including: system overview, back office, on-board vehicle systems, communications, passenger information, and reporting/business intelligence
- Experience creating and maintaining system requirements technical documentation
- Data flow analysis experience
- Requirements development and analysis experience
- Available for travel of up to 20% with possible weekend and nighttime activity as needed
- Motivation to design and produce high quality products