The Technical Writer will provide technical documentation for all projects and systems within multiple internal migration projects as well as other projects in support of our client.
- Responsible for developing, writing, editing, proof reading, and producing technical content for Information Technology / Software systems of a moderately complex to complex nature.
- Interview technical staff in person or virtually to gather information required for document deliverables without overburdening technical staff
- Provide outlines and consolidated drafts in order to properly document systems required.
- Utilize existing documentation templates or create new templates when required that provides consistency across document sets.
- Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications for systems and IT environments including architectures and security-related specifications.
- Confer with staff, vendors, and other consultants to define technical specifications required for documentation.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Develop user guides and training materials for both technical and on-technical staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of experience as a technical writer directly supporting IT/software development projects or systems
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Self-starter able to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members at all levels on documentation requirements and technical systems
- Proficiency in MS Office, Visio, and Project software applications
- Bachelor’s Degree with extensive IT exposure is preferable