Our client has a permanent full-time role to support existing customers in the commercial construction division locally here in Maryland.
Responsible for providing all aspects of support on assigned pre-development and construction projects and programs. The assistant project manager will produce reports and paperwork as required to keep the project on track and to manage various aspects of a project as needed and assigned by the project manager/team.
JOB ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
● Work directly for project manager/team to implement project goals
● Assist in preparing instructions and coordinating the bidding process; review subcontractor bids for conformance and qualifications.
● Oversee aspects of multiple projects at various stages as assigned
● Attend in-person and virtual meetings with clients and vendors.
● Produce reports and paperwork for the project team including but not limited to accounting,
development, lenders, construction administration, and other stakeholders in the project
● Support creation and management of project schedules.
● Perform project administration from construction start through project completion as directed by
the project manager on assigned projects, including scheduling, preparing meeting minutes, and
● Fully understand contract scope and ensure subcontractor scopes are fully aligned with the
The contract scope of work.
● Coordinate work with site subcontractors, inspectors, architects, engineers, and project owner
● Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS/ABILITIES
● 2-4 years of commercial construction experience.
● Firm understanding of project management, estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control,
negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
● Understanding of pre-engineered metal buildings.
● Effective computer skills, including proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, Google Docs, and
● Proficient with construction management software, including Sage 100 Contractor, SmartBid,
Procore, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
● Self-motivated and self-directed.
● Able to effectively multitask, prioritize, and efficiently manage time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com