Our client has a permanent full-time, corporate role as an Computer Systems Engineer located in Columbia MD.
In this role, you will need to be focused on customer service as well as be IT Specialist with a broad understanding of systems, networking, equipment and software for a mid-level Government contracting company.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment. Proactive, goal focused, customer service oriented, works well within groups and teams.
- A sound understanding and ability to install, test, and repair telecommunication and information technology hardware, software, and circuits to include, desktop/laptop workstations, telephones (VoIP), LAN switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Position is tasked with designing, implementing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting the corporate network and systems to include applications/databases/processes such as Deltek Costpoint, and its peripheral applications, such as Deltek Time & Expense, MSSQL Server, IBM Cognos, PDM Works, PDXpert, Groupwise, Vibe, MS Office, MS Windows 7 & 10, Windows Server.
- Proven ability to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple systems platforms (e.g., Servers, SANs, Laptops, Tablets, Smart Devices)
- Experience in Information Technology related field installing and maintaining desktop equipment (desktops, servers and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware) along with switches and routers
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, NIST (RMF))
- Engage in knowledge sharing to further develop the overall capability and performance of your technical team
Bachelor’s Degree in IT related Field or 6+ years of related work experience may be substituted.
Minimum of five years functioning in a fast paced role within a similar organization.
Experience in Information Technology related field installing and maintaining desktop equipment (desktops, servers and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware) along with switches and routers.
Desired, but not required
Security+ certification must become 8570/8140 IAT Level II certified within 6 months of start date if not already certified
DOD Secret clearance is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org