We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Production Planning Manager to join our dynamic team in a production and manufacturing environment. As the Production Planning Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing our production planning and scheduling processes to ensure efficient utilization of resources, meet customer demands, and drive operational excellence. Your expertise in strategic planning, production forecasting, resource loading, estimating, budgeting, and the utilization of enterprise-level planning and scheduling software, including ERP and MRP systems, will be instrumental in achieving our organizational goals and maintaining a competitive edge in the industry.
- Develop and execute the overall master planning strategy to align with business objectives, optimize production capacity, and meet customer demand.
- Lead and manage a team of Production Planners and Project Managers across multiple locations and disciplines, ensuring their effective performance, professional development, and alignment with departmental and organizational goals.
- Effectively manage Control Account Managers (CAM) ensuring earned value management (EVMS) processes and Estimating System Processes are followed.
- Establish and maintain robust and documented production planning processes, including demand forecasting and scheduling, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including production, procurement, project management, program management, engineering, and logistics, to gather relevant data and inputs for accurate demand forecasting and resource planning.
- Utilize enterprise-level planning and scheduling software, including ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems, to manage detailed planning, scheduling, resource loading, estimating, and budgeting activities effectively.
- Monitor production performance metrics with EVMS and key performance indicators (KPIs), identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions to enhance efficiency, reduce waste, and optimize resource allocation.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of production schedules, considering factors such as equipment availability, capacity constraints, and lead times to meet production targets and customer requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to streamline processes, enhance productivity, and reduce costs while maintaining quality standards.
- Stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and best practices in master planning, supply chain management, and manufacturing, recommending and implementing relevant improvements.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and implement long-term strategic plans for production capacity expansion, new product introductions, and other business initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, safety standards, and quality control procedures in all master planning activities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, industrial engineering, operations management, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience of 10+ years in master planning, production scheduling, or supply chain management in a production and manufacturing environment for defense contractors.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and inspire a team.
- Solid understanding of production planning methodologies, demand forecasting techniques, and inventory management principles.
- Proficiency in using enterprise-level planning and scheduling software, including ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions and implement process improvements.
- Solid understanding of EVMS.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and present complex concepts to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and quality management systems (ISO, etc.) is an advantage.]
- Ability to travel to North Carolina facility – 1 week per month estimated
- This is an in-office position with telework by Ad-Hoc only
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan. We also offer paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition assistance for furthering your education, and short-term and long-term disability. In addition to our 11 holidays and generous vacation schedule, the company has an established compressed workweek schedule in which all employees work a 9/80 schedule (80 hours worked in 9 days) which enables the company to close every other Friday.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com