Our client has an opportunity as a Senior Systems Engineer located at their Baltimore, Maryland location. In this role, you will use your creativity and innovation to perform various systems engineering tasks in this role. Your role will focus on developing and integrating surveillance systems and communications networks for projects related to the Defense Industry. These projects include upgrades to airborne surveillance systems and related ground control systems. Our client operates in an environment that fosters transparency, innovation, collaboration, inclusion, and a learning mindset focused on solutions that enhance employee engagement.
In this role, you will be the System Engineering Project lead for a small team performing various system test engineering and technical project tasks and activities for ESRs and ECPs for a DOD program. This role will be the system engineer and technical lead of a small cross-functional engineering team. The team will be performing a variety of tasks and activities related to requirements analysis and development; hardware design and development; software design and development; hardware, software, and system integration; test, evaluation, and verification of system and subsystem requirements; as well as occasional field support for refurbishment and re-activation of mothballed systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and perform system integration activities, including analysis, design, prototyping, integration testing, documentation, acquisition, size, weight, power, and cost analysis of all payloads, support electronics, and deployment of changes to the program.
- Development and maintenance of system and subsystem requirements (SSS, SRS, and HRS).
- Development and maintenance of system and subsystem test plans and procedures and system acceptance test plans and procedures.
- Perform system verification and validation and manage the system development and engineering processes.
- Evaluate risk and conduct risk management for all engineering deliverables.
- Perform trade studies, analysis, and documentation to supplement the development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Engineering Service Requests (ESRs).
- Facilitate periodic project team coordination meetings and perform overall project coordination and status reporting to ensure assigned project(s) stay on task and schedule.
- Work to resolve blockers and deconflict any cross-project or organizational conflicts.
- Provide input to and assist the technical lead (i.e., Chief Engineer) with programmatic decision-making related to project execution to include inputs on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks, blockers, risks, and tasks.
We want YOU on our team if you have:
- Ten years of related industry experience, a minimum of 4 years of System and Subsystem Requirements analysis, development, documentation, and validation of integrated systems, Aerospace/Defense systems, or commercial systems, and a minimum of 2 years of technical leadership (e.g., Scrum Master, Product Owner, Engineering Team Lead, etc.) of integrated systems, aerospace/defense systems, or commercial systems
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Systems or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of electronic, electrical, computer, and networking systems.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
- Ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Knowledge of systems engineering development methodologies.
- Knowledge and implementation Product Line Engineering (PLE)
- Experience with airborne sensors and surveillance systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by a record of influencing internal leadership and external customers on design decisions.
- Current U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com