We are seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to develop and integrate surveillance systems and communications networks for projects related to the Defense Industry in the greater Baltimore, Md. Area. These projects include upgrades to airborne surveillance systems and related ground control systems.
Participate as a System Engineering Project Lead of a small team performing a variety of system engineering and project technical leadership tasks and activities for ESRs and ECPs related to the program. Qualified candidates will perform as the system engineer and overall technical lead of a small cross-functional engineering team. The team will be performing a variety of tasks and activities related to requirements analysis and development; hardware design and development; software design and development; hardware, software, and system integration; test, evaluation, and verification of system and subsystem requirements; as well as occasional field support for refurbishment and re-activation of mothballed systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Lead and perform system integration activities including analysis, design, prototyping, integration testing, and documentation; as well as acquisition, size, weight, power, and cost analysis of all payloads, support electronics, and deployment of changes to the client’s specifications.
· Development and maintenance of system and subsystem requirements (SSS, SRS, and HRS).
· Development and maintenance of system and subsystem test plans and procedures as well as system acceptance test plans and procedures.
· Perform system verification, and validation, and manage the system development and system engineering processes.
· Evaluate risk and conduct risk management for all engineering deliverables.
· Perform trade studies, analysis, and documentation to supplement the development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Engineering Service Requests (ESRs).
· Facilitate periodic project team coordination meetings and perform overall project coordination and status reporting to ensure assigned project(s) stay on task and schedule.
· Work to resolve blockers and deconflict any cross-project or organizational conflicts.
· Provide input to and assist the technical lead (i.e. Chief Engineer) with programmatic decision making related to project execution to include inputs on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks, blockers, risks, and tasks.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· Minimum of 4 years System and Subsystem Requirements analysis, development, documentation, and validation of integrated systems, Aerospace/Defense systems, or commercial systems.
· Minimum of 2 years of technical leadership (e.g. Scrum Master, Product Owner, Engineering Team Lead, etc.) of integrated systems, aerospace/defense systems, or commercial systems.
· Education Req: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Systems or Electrical Engineering or related field.
· Industry Exp: 10 years of related experience.
· Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Understanding of electronic, electrical, computer, and networking systems.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
· Ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites.
· Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
· Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
· U.S. Citizenship required.
Other desired qualifications include:
· Knowledge of systems engineering development methodologies.
· Knowledge and implementation of Product Line Engineering (PLE)
· Experience with airborne sensors and surveillance systems.
· Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by a record of influencing internal leadership and external customers on design decisions.
· Current U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com